Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eight months ago I wrote my last blog, must have gotten caught up in life (or something). I need to blog more, it's a great way to write your feelings down. A lot happens over the course of eight months... a whole lot. So, here goes....
It's impossible to fill in every little detail, but I'll try my best to hit the high points. School. I'm still at The University of Alabama, and I'm finally a SENIOR! I'm double majoring in Athletic Training and General Health studies, while also minoring in Nutrition. I'm such a nerd, I love school. I love everything about it, I could stay here forever! Being an athletic training student has it's perks, I've had the privilege of working with the university's baseball, and swimming and diving teams. Now I'm currently assigned to Tuscaloosa County High School. I love everything about what I do!
The biggest event of the last eight months came on February 9, 2010 when my dad was admitted to the hospital for a routine knee replacement. We knew that he would need special care considering he is a heart patient but never in a million years did we expect to go through the hardships that came post surgery. To make a long story short my dad's blood pressure got way out of whack and they admitted him to ICU to monitor the situation. While in ICU a nurse gave unprescribed medications to my dad which caused him to basically go in and out of unconsciousness for almost two weeks. Just writing it down doesn't justify how horrible the incident was in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment