Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Swell Fourth of July!

Yesterday was Independence Day, and we, Americans, celebrated 233 years of being a country. That's a long time! This year's Fourth of July has been even more special and heart warming. It's sad that I have never really thought much about why we celebrate the holiday in the first place, but this year I did, and I've gained so much from it. We use July 4th to say "thank you" to all the men and women who have fought and died to keep our country free and it's so much more bittersweet when you personally know someone who is fighting on the front lines. This year I know three young men and one woman, two of which are my cousins, who have and are currently serving America by fighting in the Middle-East or serving in Korea. I'd like to personally thank Mr. Brad Champion (cousin), Mr. Chuck Reynolds (cousin), Mr. Matt Brannon, and Mrs. Beth Fulmer Miller, who are currently serving in the American Armed Forces. THANK YOU! I pray God keeps all of you safe and brings you home to us soon! MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE, STAND BESIDE HER AND GUIDE HER...

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment